WARM ARRABBIATA DRESSING, CHILLED BABY MOZZARELLA, FRESH MINT.
COOKS IN: 20 MINUTES
DIFFICULTY: NOT TOO TRICKY
- 400 g ripe mixed-colour cherry tomatoes
- 400 g green and yellow beans
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 fresh red chillies
- olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar , or balsamic vinegar
- 8 bocconcini mozzarella , (150g)
- 4 slices of rustic bread
- Carefully plunge the tomatoes into a pan of fast-boiling salted water for exactly 30 seconds, scoop out with a sieve and run under cold water.
- Line up the beans, remove just the stalk ends and place in the boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pick the mint leaves, putting the baby leaves aside for garnish. Peel the garlic, then finely slice with the chillies.
- Pinch and peel away the tomato skins, reserving the flesh (it’s a bit of a faff, but it’s worth it).
- Drain the beans, placing the pan back on a medium heat.
- Drizzle in 1 tablespoon of oil, then add the garlic, chilli and mint leaves. Fry for 2 minutes, add the tomatoes, vinegar and beans and simmer for 4 minutes, stirring regularly to break up the tomatoes.
- Taste and season to absolute perfection with sea salt and black pepper, then spoon on to a platter along with any tasty juices.
- Scatter over the mozzarella and reserved mint leaves, and serve with hot toast.
LOVE YOUR LEFTOVERS
Lovely served warm on the day – and any leftovers are great cold in a lunch box.